Most people would love to start an online business and generate residual income. However, it can seem impossible and overwhelming when you’re not sure where to begin.
The good news is that people of all ages, education levels, backgrounds and cultures have become successful infopreneurs. And there is so much help available that even people without a lot of computer or internet experience are making money online.
These are typically the first 10 steps to take when first starting an information-based internet business:
How to Start an Online Business in 10 Easy Steps
1. Brainstorm and come up with a list of 10 potential niche market topics.
2. Narrow it down to your 3 favourite possibilities.
3. Research each topic to understand the market demands and its potential for you.
4. Decide upon your theme or brainstorm more ideas to find a better niche.
5. Research profitable keywords in your niche.
6. Grow your site with in-demand keyword focused web pages.
7. Start a blog & update it as often as possible.
8. Start a newsletter or ezine.
9. Be active in forums and online communities related to your niche.
10. Once you have a minimum of 30 visitors per day, begin to monetize.
In a nutshell, that’s how to start an online business. If you can envision completing the above steps over the course of 6-12 months, it’s much more manageable. If you’ve done a good job researching your niche it has the potential to become a great source of income.
Even a few hours per week can be extremely productive if the focus is sharp. Web pages or blog entries as short as 500 words are common (only four or five paragraphs). If the page or entry is this short, it’s best to concentrate on a very specific topic related to your niche.
Your research will have revealed which keywords are in demand at the search engines, and you’ll build your content by weaving the exact keyword or phrase that people are using to search with into your text. This encourages the search engines to consider you a top match to the query.
The narrow focus usually helps you rank higher at the search engines and this translates into more visitors to your website or blog.
Once you get going there are some amazing tools that will allow you to automate parts of your business, including much or all of the sales process. This is precisely how you can generate passive income and begin to make money without being near the computer.
We’re here to help
It can be intimidating at first, but it really is possible for almost anyone to become an infopreneur. Throughout this site you’ll find information, tools and resources to help you build your online business.
If you want to learn how to make more money as an infopreneur, don’t miss our free monthly newsletter. You’ll learn some of the secrets to creating profitable information products as well as other strategies and ideas to make more money online.